Friday May 3, 2024
Unpacking the Accelerated Placement Act: Policies and Processes to Provide Equitable Opportunities for Advanced Learners
Join the IAGC for an in-depth discussion and workshop for Regional, District, and School Leaders across the state of Illinois as we examine updated IL State Education Policies regarding gifted programs, accelerated placement, and the application of best practices in advanced learner instruction.
Friday May 3, 2024 8:30 am - 2:30 pm (1 hour lunch break)
5 hours PD
- Explore key aspects of the Accelerated Placement Act
- Clarify language and needs surrounding Gifted, Accelerated, Twice-Exceptional, and Advanced Learner students
- Develop communication tools to share with parents and community members regarding your district's Accelerated Placement process
- Discover resources for identification, enrichment, and talent development to expand academic pathways for more students
- Network with District and Regional education leaders across the state with similar demographics, needs, and goals.
- Walk away with a Model for Promising Practices that both complies with current law and creates equitable advanced learning opportunities
The Illinois Association for Gifted Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
© Illinois Association for Gifted Children