IAGC 24th Annual Conference
Thursday, January 31 through Friday, February 1 and Parent Saturday, February 2, 2019.
Presentation proposals are being accepted through April 30, 2018 for the February 2019 Conference.
To submit a proposal, scroll to the bottom of this page.
There are new strands this year. Under the strand are examples of possible sessions.
● Understanding Illinois’ Accelerated Placement Act
● Evaluating students for accelerated placements
● Supporting accelerated students
Social and Emotional
● Overcoming underachievement
● Cultivating psychosocial skills that support achievement
● Coaching strategies for managing anxiety
● Gifted education essentials for guidance counselors
Underrepresented and Underserved Students
● Identification best practices
● Supporting gifted low-income students
● Supporting minority students in gifted programs
● Supporting twice-exceptional students in gifted programs
● Identifying twice-exceptional students
Effective Program Leadership
● Gifted in Illinois: State Law and ESSA
● Program models that promote growth
● Equitable and effective identification practices
● Systems approaches to differentiating instruction
● Accountability and growth
● Program evaluation and improvement
Evidence-Based Curriculum and Instructional Practices
● Differentiating for gifted students with technology
● Developing talent in the arts
● Developing leadership talent
● Developing STEM talent
● Differentiating English Language Arts for advanced learners