Illinois Association for Gifted Children
Quest Academy is a leading, non-profit private independent school for gifted students in grades
Preschool - 8 located in Palatine, IL outside of Chicago. The mission of Quest Academy is to provide gifted children with a challenging curriculum and a nurturing environment, emphasizing sound character, along with scholarship and creativity in both the academics and the arts. The Quest Academy community values the individuality of each child and encourages each to strive for personal excellence.
To learn more about Quest Academy, visit www.questacademy.org.
Position Summary: Quest Academy is seeking an innovative, student-centered, self-motivated Physical Education Teacher to design and implement a dynamic PE curriculum for students in preschool through 4th grade.
Quest Academy hires talented individuals to work with a dynamic student population of gifted learners who also understand the importance of providing nurturing guidance through the development of essential student relationships. Quest educators know their students, understand their students, and see students as individual thinkers and human beings. Quest seeks to hire educators who possess a passion for service and a desire to grow personally and professionally in the field of education.
● Planning, organizing and delivering lessons consistent with the physical education curriculum of their students' grade level.
● Organizing skill development and game sessions with a focus on participation, cooperation and skill acquisition that furthers motor and cognitive as well as physical skills.
● Provide instruction on sports, physical development, health and proper nutrition, and assessing student performance.
● Additional duties include coaching one or more sports teams, preparing and maintaining gym equipment, and supervision as scheduled.
● The best candidate will have experience in teaching students not only how to play various sports, but also how physical activity benefits the muscles and overall health.
● Bachelor’s degree in teaching exercise science, physical education or a related subject is required
● Illinois teaching certification is preferred
● A solid background in sports and athletics; coaching experience preferred
● Experience working with early elementary-aged children, gifted experience preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Maintain up-to-date First Aid and CPR certification
In accordance with State of Illinois law, a criminal background check will be required, prior to beginning employment. Quest Academy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
It is the responsibility of all Quest employees to:
● Understand and support Quest's mission and philosophy and promote a positive image of the school.
● Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
● Attend some events outside of the normal school schedule, such as open houses and graduation.
● Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues, and the operations of the school.
● Refrain from establishing close relationships with colleagues, students, parents, or trustees that would compromise professional integrity.
● Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
● Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, as well as a positive attitude and a helpful, nonjudgmental demeanor.
● Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
● Model the good character traits that Quest students are expected to embody.
Please submit your application and resume at www.questacademy.org/employment or for more
information contact email@example.com.
Illinois Association for Gifted Children
1500 Sullivan Road
Aurora, IL 60506
Ph: 630-907-5047Fax: 630-907-5976
Email us at: