Illinois Association for Gifted Children
School Front Office Manager
Quest Academy is a leading, non-profit private independent school for gifted students in grades Preschool - 8 located in Palatine, IL outside of Chicago. The mission of Quest Academy is to provide gifted children with a challenging curriculum and a nurturing environment, emphasizing sound character, along with scholarship and creativity in both the academics and the arts. The Quest Academy community values the individuality of each child and encourages each to strive for personal excellence.
To learn more about Quest Academy, visit www.questacademy.org.
Quest Academy is seeking an experienced and professional Front Office Manager to facilitate front desk operations and lead an office team while promoting efficiency and service through a positive management style.
Quest Academy hires talented individuals to support the mission of the school while fulfilling their assigned role and executing the associated responsibilities. Quest staff members engage with a dynamic student population of gifted learners and understand the importance of providing nurturing guidance through the development of essential student relationships. Quest educators know their students, understand their students, and see students as individual thinkers and human beings.
Front Office Manager responsibilities:
● General oversight of all matters related to the operations of the front desk of the school.
● Lead a team of front office personnel using a positive management style.
● Recruit, manage, and schedule substitute teachers.
● Review and recommend changes to the Parent/Student Handbook based on updates in Illinois statutes or best practices.
● Serve as primary contact with ISBE and IESA, including remaining up-to-date on news, changes in policy, recognition renewal, health forms, and reporting.
● Manage the school calendar documentation through both annual planning and day-to-day events.
● Act as the school registrar managing record transfers, follow-up, and record retention policies.
● Maintain and update the Front Desk Policy Handbook as needed.
● Prepare/design and display the digital signage in the front lobby area with up-to-date information.
● Review narratives and overall report cards for technical errors, completion, and grammar.
● Act as High School Transition Coordinator for 8th grade students and families including annual high school fair, graduation, and building relationships with the receiving high schools.
● Set up, communicate, and schedule parent/teacher conferences.
● Back-up front desk operations including, but not limited to: first aid, incoming calls, assisting campus visitors, and supporting faculty with projects.
● Maintain and manage a welcoming and efficient front office space.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Academics & Student Affairs.
In accordance with State of Illinois law, a criminal background check will be required, prior to beginning employment. Quest Academy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Attributes:
● A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
● Minimum two (2) years experience in a school setting preferred
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Compassion and empathy for students
● Professionalism and discretion
● Outstanding ability to lead a team and collaborate with colleagues
● Enthusiasm for professional development
● Excellent verbal, written, and observational skills
● Patience, good listening skills, and the ability to multitask
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Experience with G-Suite (Google docs, sheets, forms, etc…) required
● Working knowledge and experience with various computer systems
● Ability to use basic office equipment
● Willingness to substitute in a classroom or a school duty as needed
● A valid First Aid Certificate from the American Red Cross, including CPR training, or the ability to obtain certification provided by the Academy
● Provide proof of vaccination
It is the responsibility of all Quest employees to:
● Understand and support Quest's mission and philosophy and promote a positive image of the school.
● Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
● Attend some events outside of the normal school schedule, such as open houses and graduation.
● Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues, and the operations of the school.
● Refrain from establishing close relationships with colleagues, students, parents, or trustees that would compromise professional integrity.
● Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
● Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, as well as a positive attitude and a helpful, nonjudgmental demeanor.
● Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
● Model the good character traits that Quest students are expected to embody.
Please submit your application and resume at www.questacademy.org/employment or for more information contact email@example.com.
Illinois Association for Gifted Children
1500 Sullivan Road
Aurora, IL 60506
Ph: 630-907-5047Fax: 630-907-5976
Email us at: