Activities and Benefits
IAGC executive director, board members, committee chairs, members, and office staff:
- Publish a newsletter, The Courier, which is distributed twice a year to association members.
- Publish a professional journal annually.
- Sponsor symposiums, seminars, workshops, courses, and an annual convention to provide exposure to ideas and contributions of national and local leaders in gifted education.
- Cosponsor state and regional programs and activities.
- Provide advocacy opportunities targeting administrators, educators, parents, and the business community.
- Provide a website with up-to-date resources for information and support.
- Disseminate news and information to educators and parents through regular communication in the form of a newsletter, journal and the Internet, including e-mail broadcasts and the website.
- Work to fulfill committee goals.
- Work with an experienced policy advisor.
- Serve on the ISBE Superintendent's Advisory Council for the Education of Gifted and Talented Children.
- Announce gifted position openings to educator members
- The Courier, IAGC's newsletter.
- The Journal, IAGC's professional journal.
- Reduced registration fees for IAGC's annual convention.
- Reduced registration fees for many IAGC sponsored events.
- Reduced subscription rates for the online Teaching & Learning Center and Teacher Times, including FREE weekly Gifted Ed. Digest.
- The privilege to vote in IAGC elections of officers and issues to determine the future of IAGC and gifted education in Illinois.
As a member, you receive all of this for less than a dollar a week. Plus, you'll join hundreds of other parents and professionals who share your concern for the thousands of gifted children throughout Illinois. You're not alone. If you're already a member, thank you. If you're thinking about becoming a member, JOIN TODAY!!